Hi all, we had a great User Group Meeting on Thursday. Here's what we did:
- TimAlbright gave a fantastic talk on gamification. You can see his presentation and my notes here: Tim Albright's Gamification Presentation and Notes -- NY/NJ User Group, March 5, 2015
- mark.salandra had a superb talk on the Jive 8 product update and roadmap. Check out his presentation and my notes here: Mark Salandra's Jive 8 Product Update Presentation and Notes -- NY/NJ User Group, March 5, 2015
- The user group as a whole had a short discussion on upgrading Jive and on some user engagement strategies, especially Ask Me Anythings.
- The remnants of our group trudged through the snow to the Growler and had some drinks and apps and more great discussion!
Many thanks again to our speakers and to kelly.carlsted for being such a big help in organizing everything!
Now, on to plans for our next user group. We'd like to try to get it on everybody's calendar! Please give me your feedback on:
- The date: We threw around the date of June 4, which is the first Thursday in June. If that doesn't work for you, let me know!
- Topics: A few people expressed an interest in spending some time at our next user group meeting discussing content management in Jive! If you have any others in mind, let me know in the comments!
- Location: if you have any interest in hosting a user group meeting, that's great! We're going to try to do 3 more user groups this year, so there are plenty to go around if you think this could be something you might like to do.
Lastly, thanks to all who attended either in person or virtually!