Details

Case Type: /
Severity: Level 3
Product: /
Component: Core: UI - UX - Theme
Environment: /
Internal Discussion Link: /

Description

We have developed a couple of custom content types, but noticed that macros aren't working at all. I.e. if we embed a YouTube video in the RTE, then view the page, it has a placeholder for the video, but the jiveMacro code that converts the special codes isn't called and therefore won't display the video. Here's what the source looks like after it's been output to the browser..

macro.png

I've compared the source code for the plugin to the Event and Video plugins, and really don't see much wrong. I've also read through & check things against the Content Type Framework documentation. Each time I've made 'fixes' they've not made any difference.. the macro-based stuff never gets converted into the target HTML.

Any ideas what we could be doing wrong

Comments

Hello Matt,

I am sorry to say that customization is outside the scope of what we know here in support.'

I have taken a quick look at the information you provided but I am not sure how to resolve this.

The best place to ask about customization is the Jive Plugin Developer space. Here you would be able to ask people who have done customizations the questions you have and they would be better able to help you resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Vincent

I've cross-posted this to the Developer community. Does anyone have any ideas?

Hello Matt,

I am sorry to say that I do not know what could be going on.

If you would like help with this customization you could do a Professional Services Engagement.

If you would like to do this we can contact your account manager to have them get PS to scope the customization for you.

Let me know if you would like to do this.

Thanks,

Vincent

Outcomes