AnsweredAssumed Answered

Remove Image URLs from Notifications Emails

Question asked by eric.anastas on May 1, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 16, 2020 by krsteams

When email notifications that include content are sent from our Jive instance images in the content are not included in the email, but are instead replaced with the URL to the image. I understand that images are difficult to display in email as they are behind the security restrictions of the Jive places. However just omitting the images and only showing the text would be better then including long URLs in the body of the email.

I investigated the email templates more and found where the "Blog Activity Notification" message template is injecting the contents of the blog using the ${contentTextBody} token.

I have experience programming other languages like JavaScript and C#, but have not used the FreeMarker syntax before. Is there a way to remove the image URLs from ${contentTextBody}, or otherwise extract just the body text of the content?

The instructions on the page also mention the full objects ${blog} and ${blogPost} are available. What does this mean exactly? Are these instance of the Blog and Post objects from the REST API? How can I determine what properties or method are available on these objects?

Jive REST API v3.14 → Blog entity

Jive REST API v3.14 → Post entity

Outcomes