AnsweredAssumed Answered

Enable JavaScript in HTML Tile/Widget

Question asked by mikhaillenko on Jun 14, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 15, 2018 by brittneywilson

Hi,

I am a Space Administrator and I cannot discover how to enable JavaScript within HTML Widgets/Tiles for Space Administrators. Apparently this is either done through system preferences (Admin console —> System —> Settings —> html.widget.safemode.enabled set to false; per Embedded Javascript and HTML widgets) or it is done through permissions of some sort (Admin console —> Permissions —> Other Content Permissions (?) —> mark Save JavaScript (??); per HTML Tile changes in 2016.1).

Regarding the first potential method, one administrator left a comment that he/she did not see this option (I do not see this html.widget.safemode.enabled option either), and a respondent observed that you can add System Properties (for some reason, not all System Properties are displayed, and those that are not displayed have default values—apparently—and there is a way to 'make visible' the hitherto hidden properties somehow—apparently—such that the values could be changed; this functionality is not intuitively discoverable, at least not for me, and more clarity is desired). Regarding the second method I did not see the option that was indicated, namely the 'Save JavaScript' checkbox.

Please help me understand how to enable JavaScript for System Administrators for my cloud instance.

Kindly,

Mikhail

Outcomes