where do I start when I want to dockerize a custom Jive application? The container should contain a complete Jive environment that is needed for development and test purposes, and I like to build this Docker container with our Jenkins instance and push it afterwards to our local docker registry.
The build pipeline could look like this:
- Build Jive Maven project (WebOverlay, Plug-Ins)
- Build Docker container that includes
- Jive WebApp
- Jive EAE
- Jive Search
- Jive DocConv
- Postgres DB
- Jive httpd
- Let the custom WebOverlay and Plug-Ins be deployed to the WebApp (maybe via steps in dockerfile?)
- Configure the Jive Environment (maybe via puppet, ansible or shell scripts)
- Initialize EAE Database (workaround Jive EAE initializer Bug)
- Configure Search and DocConv
- Configure custom and release specific system properties (maybe via a release specific data volume, that is mounted to that container)
- Create some standard test users with different roles
- Push that specific container to a local docker registry for further consumption (like deploying the docker container to a docker host that acts as a test instance).
Currently, I'm not sure if it would be a better approach to dockerize each Jive service, so that every service runs in its own container. So this setup would be even production ready...
Has anyone setup such a pipeline, or some other integrations of Jive into the Docker universe? Would be great to hear your stories and learn from your pitfalls. Thanks in advance,