AnsweredAssumed Answered

Issue Getting Jive 6.0 Development Instance Running

Question asked by trevcole on Apr 5, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 8, 2013 by MarcoHenniger

I'm trying to get a local Jive 6.0 dev instance running in CentOS.  I've installed Tomcat6 and create the maven project, but when I run ./cargo-start from the web folder I get the following error;

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8787

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/juli/logging/LogFactory

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.<clinit>(Bootstrap.java:55)

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.juli.logging.LogFactory

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] ... 1 more

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] Could not find the main class: org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap. Program will exit.

I've checked the lib & bin folders for $CATALINA_HOME and these both contain the tomcat-juli.jar file and I have access to it.   I tried to also start a Local Tomcat server from within Eclipse and had the same error, to resolve it in Eclipse I simply added the tomcat-juli.jar file as an external library to the classpath within the server configuration.

If I run the same command as executed by ./cargo-start with debug on (-X) I see the following;

[DEBUG] [talledLocalContainer] Executing '/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0.x86_64/jre/bin/java' with arguments:

'-Xdebug'

'-Xnoagent'

'-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n'

'-Xms512m'

'-Xmx1024m'

'-XX:MaxPermSize=256m'

'-XX:+UseParNewGC'

'-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC'

'-XX:PermSize=48m'

'-Dthemes.directory=/home/to127dev/workspace/developmentSite/web/src/main/themes'

'-Djive.instance.home=/home/to127dev/workspace/developmentSite/web/../target/jiveHome'

'-Djive.ws.disabled=true'

'-Djive.devMode=true'

'-Dcatalina.home=/usr/share/tomcat6'

'-Dcatalina.base=/home/to127dev/workspace/developmentSite/web/target/tomcat6x'

'-Djava.io.tmpdir=/home/to127dev/workspace/developmentSite/web/target/tomcat6x/temp'

'-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager'

'-Djava.util.logging.config.file=/home/to127dev/workspace/developmentSite/web/target/tomcat6x/conf/logging.properties'

'-classpath'

'/usr/share/tomcat6/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0.x86_64/lib/tools.jar'

'org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap'

'start'

I therefore think this is simply a classpath issue , but I don't know enough about cargo to know how I can add the tomcat-juli.jar file to the generated -classpath option above to help resolve it.

Is there anyone who can help me here please?

Thanks in advance, as I've been staring at this for two days now!!

Trevor

Outcomes