- Ideal for developers to try out Jive 8 and replicate a setup across the team
- Don´t use that to install your production server
- The vagrant will setup a CentOS 6.5 in a virtualbox image with 4 cpus and 4GB RAM
- Vagrant will forward port 8080 of the guest to your machine on port 8080.
Step by Step Guide:
- Installing vagrant from here:
- Test your vagrant installation
- Add the centos 6.5 box to your local vagrant
vagrant box add centos65-x86_64-20140116 https://github.com/2creatives/vagrant-centos/releases/download/v6.5.3/centos65-x86_64-20140116.box
- Download Jive 8 rpm from https://myaccount.jivesoftware.com/purchases.jspa
- Clone the project fmeAG/Jive-8-Vagrant · GitHub into a new folder, e.g. jive8_centos65 and move the jive 8 rpm into this folder
- Start the vagrant box and let vagrant do the rest...
cd jive_8_cento65 vagrant up
- The setup script (setup.sh) runs and will install additional software
For details, see Jive-8-Vagrant/setup.sh at master · fmeAG/Jive-8-Vagrant · GitHub
- Wait some minutes and drink a coffee
- Check the status of Jive with following command
sudo /etc/init.d/jive status -v
- You can now access Jive setup with http://localhost:8080/
Thanks fmaul for the initial version of the vagrant setup.