We wanted to make users of Jive Anywhere in Chrome aware of some changes that Google recently introduced that are affecting the extension in that browser. You can read the details of the Google announcement in the Google Chrome Blog. What this means for Jive Anywhere is that existing installations that were not downloaded via the Google Web Store - for example, any installation pushed out via MSI - will stop working as Google is blocking it. There are two things that you can do to address this change now and in the future.
- Allow your IT organization to take advantage of Google's Group Policy
- Create the following path for group policy of the domain: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Google\Chrome\ExtensionInstallForcelist\
- Inside ExtensionInstallForcelist create a new string value
- KEY: 1
- VALUE: bmcnakllnfgdjlalfffanmfhampcoalm;https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx
- For individual users who are currently blocked you can remove the blocked extension and then download a new version from the Web Store or from your company's Tools page in Jive.
Installations on Internet Explorer and Firefox remain unaffected.
We apologize for any issues these changes may cause for anyone. Please let us know if you have any questions.