The Jive Gamification module has reached a major milestone, The Jive Gamification Module 'Level 3'. There is a lot of great changes in this updated version, here is a quick breakdown. Note that all the administration documentation in the Jive Community will be updated to reflect the new functionality over the next few days.
* Available NOW (Jive 5.x and Jive 6.x) - customers just need to ask Support to update their gamification module
* Not available on 4.5 - please upgrade!
* Jive Cloud 'Coming Soon'
Dedicated reputation center
- In the old version of the Gamification Module you had some tabs scattered throughout the user's profile, which caused profile-tab-overload and made adding new gamification functionality more difficult.
- With the new dedicated reputation center, users have one place to go to where they can see leaderboards, rankings, missions, levels and point history.
UI / UX improvements
- Me in 3 personalization - users can select what 3 badges from their collection display in their Jive hover card for the world to see.
- The new layout matches the same Jive content, people and places browse menu for ease of use.
- Point History - easier for a user to see what they did in the system that rewarded them the points and badges.
- Navigation - more places in Jive lead into the reputation center or provide queues on how a user can get more information.
More Actions tracked
- 90+ wasn't enough? How about over 130 different 'root' Jive actions being tracked within Jive. Viewing content, creating, sharing, bookmarking, liking, commenting, uploading, etc etc (now including creation of Ideas, voting on ideas, create events, deletions).
- Now take 130+ and multiply it by all the content in your system and all the groups, projects and communities - all can be tied to rewards. That's over 9000 (maybe).
Space / Group / Content level missions
- Previously you could track community level activity.
- Create a document
- View a blog
- Answer 10 questions in the Marketing Group
- Now you can track within places or specific content.
- Create a document in the Sales Space
- View the CEO's Blog
- Answer 10 Questions in the Marketing Group
Space Levels / Leaderboards
- Previously a user could answer 100 questions in the 'Finance' Space and not get recognized for being a Financial pro - but that has changed. Space / Group / Project specific leaderboards will highlight users that have the most points and badges in specific places in Jive. Give a special badge to the first user to answer 100 questions in the Finance space!
- Additionally, users can see all the badges and points they have in any place through the reputation center
- New ability to add users to a 'black list' and not have them earn points / badges (useful for admin accounts or automated accounts)
- Better handling of errors when communicating to the Nitro server. If a request fails, it will try again.
- If you prefer to not use the JiveID to identify users, you can leverage an extended property on users for identification