The 2015.3 release includes additional enhancements for the News page. We've also improved support for Tiles, both on the News page and across the application.
The news toggle will be automatically enabled with the 2015.3 release. If you want to disable news, you will still have the option to do so for one more quarter, but it will have to be done manually after the upgrade. The toggle will be removed with the 2016.1 release, so please plan accordingly and ensure that the news toggle is enabled before that upgrade. Remember that enabling News does not remove the current widget homepage, and the theming tool can be used to rename or remove the news link from the primary navigation.
Jive Daily is fully integrated and can be used to read content across all streams in Jive-n. Jive Daily is free for all new and existing customers. It requires you to install an add-on and to agree to terms specific to the use of this mobile application. Jive Daily connects directly to Jive-n with no dependency on external systems or tools.
- Tiles have been recategorized to make them easier to find
- Many tiles now support custom and optional titles
- Tagged Content Tile is now sorted by recent activity and includes content type filters
- The HTML Tile is available as an add on that can be installed out of the box.
- Hero tile enables a large, visual image with custom text and url for the News landing page.
- Banner tile provides a tighter, more styled presentation for a row of images, with less white space than the Carousel tile. It's great for calls to action or linking to high profile content or places.
- The new "Super List" tile lets you present a filtered view of content, people, or places that is updated dynamically. For example, when you browse People, you can filter the list to find all the people with the skill "public speaking". Then scroll to the bottom of the page, click Use this view in a tile, and copy the query string. When you use that query in a Super Tile, that filtered list (updated whenever new people get that skill!) will show up on a place page or home page. (See the embedded video for more details)
- The new Categories tile lets you feature categories on place pages for simpler navigation.
- Places now have their own Latest Blog Posts tile.
- Jive Rewards includes a number of tiles for Featured Quests and Leaderboards.
And be sure to check out the
Super List Tile: New in 2015.3