As The specified item was not found., we are always looking for new and engaging ways to not only get our users excited about collaborating in Jive communities, but also ensuring they know how to use each feature. After designing a Getting Started space and creating written material, we've found that having a selection of custom-made training videos is key to successful user training and community engagement.
There is no question that people enjoy watching videos. Looking to the world of social media as an example - we find stats like:
- "Videos are shared 12x more than links & text posts combined"
- "Viewers spend 100% more time on pages having Videos"
- "Around 700 YouTube videos are uploaded and shared every minute." *
Some of the reasons we love to use videos in our Jive training include:
- videos are visually engaging
- users can get the information when they want it
- users can learn at their own pace
- onsite, hands on training is not always possible - videos can be there where you can't
Social Edge offers custom training videos showcasing your community and focusing on the topics that relate to how your community is used. Below is an example of a custom video that was created for training inside our own Jive partner community, Edgeville.
If you are interested in having custom training videos created for your internal or external community, or would like to learn more, please contact us for details.